[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Paragon League • View topic - Rushing / Trolling in cup
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Post by kremsy » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 am
Yesterday Aera trolled every team from beginning until the final, in the gf they rushed every round and didn't play serious.

I think it demotivetes some of the low-level teams a lot, if they just get rushed and trolled and make them not playing our cups anymore.

What can we do against things like that?
Post by darkdinn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:01 am
Nothing can be done about this, other than bringing in more high level teams.
The only reason they rush is because they don't have any challenge.
Post by lampskerm » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:12 am
I don't see the problem with rushing. Losing first round to AERA is what we have the loser bracket for. We can't make a rule against this, no one would take us serious anymore.

I think we should consider doing it the go4 way and give all to the winner, nothing to 2nd and 3rd place. This way more good teams will be encouraged to practice. In go4 you had all skill tier players, some playing for the money, some playing for fun.

We might also need to look over our map pack with some top players that are still active in the game. Not entirely sure who's still here after ESWC but at least Soon. I think our current map pack is not very appealing to high tier teams.
Post by kremsy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:41 am
To be honest i rather have 10 fun teams in our cups as a second team like aera, and giving all to the winner is a bit bs, than nobody except teama like aera have change of gaining prizes anymore.

And about troll and rush it depresses low level teams, i will talk to soon and has him if they can play normal...
Post by lampskerm » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:13 pm
New players shouldn't play a money cup if they get sad when they get rushed. The point is to attract more top tier teams. If 1st place gets more money then more top teams will play, therefore the top part of the bracket will be more competitive.

Seems to me you don't really want a healthy cup but just a cup where you can advance past first round.
Post by kremsy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:34 pm
No clue what you are meaning, the goal is just to keep every low and midlevel team in our cups, i rather have 50 low level teams intead of 10 highlevel teams, thats what paragon league is for, our goal is atm not to have a elite pro league.
Post by lampskerm » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:23 pm
A few top/high teams will always play cups for the money. If rushing is as discouraging as you say then the low/mid teams will leave anyways.
Post by kremsy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:48 pm
There are enough of them who want to paly serious games against the top teams.

I don't care that much about rush of the low-level teams or whatever, it's just against teams like aera which should not do that, and also if there is a stream, it looks so unserious, and it gives also an unserious view about paragon league if they only see rushing.
Post by wabbitface » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:48 am
The only way to reduce rushing is to encourage more high level teams to join the league, then they will play seriously.

The more high level teams play the more low level teams play to compete and train. Nothing can be done to reduce rushing and it's just tough luck if your the low level team that's been knocked out, whether you got rushed or not it doesn't matter.

If it's faster and easier to rush the opposing team, they will do that. I also want to point out you need to know the difference between a rush and a push, they have different intentions. Calling everything a rush is going nowhere lukas and frankly I'm getting fed up of it.
Post by kremsy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:56 pm
Well I know the difference, and if youi saw the stream of last week and watched what AERA has done than you know exactly what I mean. You think all this discussion come just from me? It's not true, last week during the cup some teams (abt. 5) came to me and told me we have todo something against that... They just wan't to have nice games, they don't matter to loose against a good Team, but they matter if they loose against a good Team when they not playing serious and just trolling around.

People taking that as offence.
12 posts Page 1 of 2

Login