[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Paragon League • View topic - Mail from Hylis
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Post by kremsy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:33 pm
Hi Lukas,

Good to see how the league is running. I would like to give two advices, that you can take or leave, but that are strategic I believe

1. Shootmania 5vs5
You do Elite 3vs3 & Combo 2vs2 on a regular basis, but there is a lack of 5vs5 competition to support 5 players team. I think it would be really interesting to see a culture of 5 players team being established, to see how tactical it can be.
I would suggest:
Battle 5vs5: it's more tactical than Siege 5vs5 or Battle 3vs3
Siege 5vs5: a good community
Heroes 5vs5?
For Battle, it can be pro or not, I don't know what they would think of a 5vs5
By the way, we just updated the Battle mode, so we can see how it goes with that update (overtime management is really special)

2. Stream
It's not really important now, but just to say that Soon is sometimes streaming, that it's cool to be capable to see the match, but that the link miss into the cup page on the wonderful Paragon site league. If there is something to link to stream, it can also give more motivation to other people to stream, like Verdi is doing. Or maybe I missed something (I am quite a noob into watching Paragon) I know it's tweeted, but I think it would be a plus.

I am sorry to bring the 5vs5 discussion now, but when we discussed and that I was thinking of Battle, it was not a 3vs3. We intend to develop more 5vs5 knowledge to enable 5 players team also from other games to come and experience fun together more easily. This is something I have heard in LAN, and it's logical if you consider that the most popular ones, like CS, LoL, CoD are 5vs5.

Tell me what you think about this
Florent
Post by kremsy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:45 pm
I planned to answer that, please feel free to make additions.

Hello Florent,

thank you for writing me!

We received the money yesterday, big thanks for this, would be good if you can say me when we should send the next invoice for January/February.

We really want to make Battle 5v5 Cups, but until now the time was missing and we have some things todo until we can make our first Battle 5v5 Cup (especially we don't have any mappack for it at the moment). The main Problem what I see on Battle 5v5 at the moment is, that we probably will not get many teams in the Cups (maybe 5-10 max). If there would exist a better way of advertising the cups we might get more teams. We had a thought that maybe you could implement a fullscreen advertisement somewhere in the load-up of the game itself (instead of only the small maniaflashes in the titlepacks). There could be advertisements for cups, new exciting titlepacks, messages from Nadeo etc. Not everyone reads the facebook page, but everyone who plays shootmania needs to load the game. We will try a Battle 5v5 Cup on the 4th of December and see how it will work.

About the stream, we normally link our Streams on the Cuppage itself, but up to now only when someone streamed who was not playing beside, but we can include all Streams in the future and provide possabilities for Streamers to tell us before the cup is starting that they are going to stream.

Thanks for all of your support!

Whish you a nice weekend,
Lukas
Post by lampskerm » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:02 pm
An idea I had of an addition:

We really wan't todo Battle 5v5 Cups, but until now the time was missing and we have some things todo until we can make our first Battle 5v5 Cup (especially we don't have any mappack for it at the moment). The main Problem what I see on Battle 5v5 at the moment is, that we probably will not get many teams in the Cups (maybe 5-10 max). If there would exist a better way of advertising the cups we might get more teams. We had a thought that maybe you could implement a fullscreen advertisement somewhere in the load-up of the game itself. There could be advertisements for cups, new exciting titlepacks, messages from Nadeo etc. Not everyone reads the facebook page, but everyone who plays shootmania needs to load the game.
Post by kremsy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:23 am
Modified my post and have sent it!
Post by kremsy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:11 pm
Dear Florent,

hope you had great times during Christmas and New Year ;).

I wanted to inform you that we have not received any money from the Invoice we sent in the middle of December, it would be amazing if you could take a look in it to perform the transaction as soon as possible.

You told me that you have a system to give out Ladderpoints to players for cups. Im wondering if there would be any possability to automize that somehow over a web-service where only leagues like we have access, and for example it would be nice if we could give out to the teams for every one match an amount of LP's for example if you win the first Round in the WB the players get 100 LPs, if you win the 2nd Round the players get 200LP... Final 2k LP for example, and smaller amounts for each match in the looser bracket. So the idea is just we call an Method somehow where we set the LPs for the Players, you can check the full list internally somehow after the cup to prove that we havent cheated or whatever and release the transfer to the players. (It's just an idea of a nice system).

Last of all I would like to forward a small request from some players we got, if it is not possible, it is no problem as well. The request was to increase the prizemoney of the Elite cups by an Small amount to pay the first four Places with (75 45 30 15) instead of (60 30 15) as it is now, that would be 60€ more per cup, and if we would have overall 200€ extra per month we could realize this, but as I said it's just a request we got from players and I want to let it completely up to you if you agree with that or not. (If you agree we could just make it over the next/(last) invoice for March and April, to realize it for February-April with 200€ / month).

I think the whole Shootmania Community is really happy meanwhile about the project, and as you see we are getting more and more teams in the cups :).

Whish you a nice day from me and the whole Paragon League Team,
Lukas
Post by kremsy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:45 pm
Hi Lukas,

Yes, I had great time during Christmas! And I wish you an happy new year :D

I check and the invoice was sent by me, but got lost in the process
somewhere. It's the first time it happens at the studio, and we will
try to fix this asap. I made the investigation the day you wrote me on
the 8th of January and they found out that the invoice was not in the
process (while I add the sent mail from my mailbox) So, I am sorry and
you did really well to come back to me. And please do it again if it's
not fixed in around 10 days.

Meanwhile, I should say that I am really happy with the Paragon
League, you are awesome. I care less about the number of teams than
working on the quality of things, and you are providing exactly that.
So, I am ok to increase the amount as you suggest if you think it's
good for the competition. The goal is less to keep the players than to
make an appropriate esport environment to enjoy practicing it. And I
especially appreciate if you can reach the 4th place with a prize, as
a big plus. For the ladder points, I will check what we can do and
especially if we have the time to do it, since we have a lot of things
to do ^_^ The idea behind the manual thing was to first test and then
see the priority of it, but I can understand that time is a key thing
on both side.

Thanks to your help, like making cup on other mode, I think we will
keep our focus on Elite & Stadium at the moment, since the studio has
less power to help other topic evolve and I see how there would have
to be done to make it. I wished to explore way to bring other type of
competitions around, in order to also boost the top of them, like
Elite, but I think it's better to wait for the next big steps of
Shootmania before thinking about this :D

Wish you best year again!
Florent

Hello Florent,

thank you for your fast answer!

So it is okay for you to change the Elite prizes from 60 30 15 to 75 45 30 15 with the begin of February? If yes we will make in the next invoice for March/April an overal amount of 3100€ instead of 2500€ (1250€ march, april + 200€ february, march, april).

About the Ladderpoints, at the beginning it would maybe be easier (I also think better) to just make a possability to make our passworded Match-Servers somehow to 100k servers to gain normally Ladderpoints like in an normal Elite/Matchmaking game.

Love your game so much, im so happy that you make us all this possible!!!

Best regards,
Lukas

Hi Lukas,

I have been informed that you should receive the paiement by the end of the week. Ok to make the next invoice of 3100€.

It's a very good idea to boost ladder points on your match servers if you use them only for cups. If you give me the login list, I think we can do this.

Cheers,
Florent
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Login