[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Paragon League • View topic - Leaving
If you wish to let everyone know you are leaving, please do so here. However before you do ensure you speak with other members of Paragon and raise any issues you have and allow us to sort out any problems.
1 post Page 1 of 1
Post by ville » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:09 pm
Hello everyone.

It's never easy to leave a project or organisation, especially one like Paragon that I truly value. What you guys have done with ShootMania is incredible, and you are without doubt one of the main reasons why the game is still breathing. However, after weeks of consideration I've decided to leave, and I'll do my best to explain why.

I joined Paragon League around half a year ago to help with admining, and to especially make the Speedball cups better by upgrading the mappack and changing some of the timers etc. I really enjoyed the atmosphere back then, Trello was being updated all the time with new suggestions and ideas, there was an awesome new website and everyone seemed really passionate. I also started working on Chase soon after, a great project in TM - took a lot of time as we organised a competition for the mappack and advertised a lot, but when the cups finally launched and we got like 25+ teams it was all worth it! Can't forget ESWC either - a memory I'll never forget (special thanks to Jocy and Wabbit for being incredible there).

However, it's starting to feel to me that there's not much I can do for PL anymore. There is a lack of communication in the management - Trello is not being used at all anymore for example. Of course at least part of the reason is people's lack of time, but there's little I can do at a time like this. There have been many great suggestions in the forums that have been almost completely ignored, and I don't see much changing in the future either. I'm have a very ambitious personality, and PL at its current state doesn't combine well with that. To me it just seems like a lot of the passion I felt when I joined is now gone. True or not, while I really really enjoyed my stay here, it has come to an end.

I wish you guys all the best, and I truly hope PL will stay to see the rise of SM, if it ever comes to us. Thank you for everything.

Login